Monday, March 28, 2011

Responsibility

People crave responsibility because responsibility infers trust.  If you trust me, you'll most likely give me more responsibilities.  I don't know about you, but I long to be trusted.  And in turn, to prove worthy of that trust.  The words "don't worry, I trust you..." are powerful.
Even small responsibilities carry a different meaning than the regular.  You hold your head higher, you care more, you feel valued.  The stakes are higher too.

I have been entrusted with a group of Freshman girls that would blow you away.  They're wise, caring, compassionate, intelligent women who love the Lord with all their hearts.  I am beyond blessed to engage and grow with them during this season.  They're absolutely fabulous girls that I wouldn't trade for anything.

With bigger responsibilities come higher standards.  I'm not perfect, but I'm called to lead by example.  I am influential.  And I am continually challenged.  This season is sharpening me.  Once, twice, three times over the whetstone.  I value the responsibility; I can see its importance.  And the sweetness of being trusted with much washes over me.

I love where I'm at.  I love serving where I'm at.  I love my life.

No comments: