Monday, January 10, 2011

30 things to do before I'm 30

Yes I realize I'm a little late for New Years resolution bandwagon, thankfully it's my blog and I'm allowed to come up with the rules here.  New goals, new motivation, and new things to try.  It's time to do some things that I always wanted to do but never could find the time for.  Apparently it's now or never...

And as a side note: If you'd like to accomplish one of these goals with me (or help me accomplish one), let me know!


1. Run another marathon
2. Learn how to cook a gourmet meal
3. Go on a hot air balloon ride
4. Sing karaoke
5. Learn to fluently speak ASL
6. Write a book
7. Stay up for 48 straight hours (42 done, and as close as I ever want to get to 48)

8. Blog for 40 straight days
9. Learn how to play poker (with real chips)
10. Leave a note in a library book
11. Turn off all electronics for a week (phone, computer, TV, iPod, etc.)
12. Go on a cruise
13. Cook a meal from only things I’ve grown
14. Build a piece of furniture all by myself
15. Visit Las Vegas
16. Watch the ball drop in Times Square
17. Get a “new” car
18. Visit Washington D.C. again
19. Read the Bible all the way through
20. Ask a guy out
21. Climb a mountain
22. Learn how to operate my camera in manual mode
23. Go vegetarian for two months
24. Cut out gluten for a month
25. Learn calligraphy
26. Learn how to drive a stick shift car
27. Watch the sun rise and set in the same day
28. Pay someones tab anonymously
29. Complete a triathalon
30. Milk a cow