Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 34: A picture of an accomplishment.

In my (relatively) short life I feel like I have accomplished much.  It's a combination of being blessed with opportunities and motivated enough to see them through.

When you ask me what my biggest accomplishment is though, my marathon last Fall is the first thing that comes to mind.
I trained for a year.  Running 3-4 times a week, every week, for an entire year to keep in shape.  Plus a heightened training plan the last 3 months.  I spent hours each week, and then I spent hours on the weekends with my long runs (which, at times, took upward of 4-5 hours to complete).  I found an inner strength during the actual race--when I thought I had nothing left, but was able to tap into something deeper than myself.  And I succeeded.  I finished.  I hurt dearly after, but the sweetness of completion made it all worth it.
I learned a lot of things about myself, who I am, where I'm going, what I love to do.  I'm proud that I finished, and just crazy enough to run another one someday.

No comments: