Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 27: Siblings.

Bradley Alan (aka: best brother ever), never ceases to amaze me.
From his humble beginnings of tapered jeans and eagle-print tee-shirts (tucked in) he has grown into a man of integrity.  A brother who will drop everything if I need to talk.  A resource when I need help doing something.  He's incredibly selfless.  He's also brilliant (just reference his Chemical Engineering degree if you need proof). 
Everyone has really-good friends, the kind who know your history, but more accurately know you.  It's easy to confide in these people, especially since they already know the back story.  Siblings often, but not always, fit into this category.  Only Brad will understand our unique family dynamics.  Only Brad will get some of my inside jokes.  Only Brad will remember strange instances from crazy family car trips.  He gets me in a completely different way than most of my friends--probably partially because he's known me longer than most anyone.
Brad & I with our cousins Jackie (blue coat) and Matt (blue shirt)
I got lucky.  And despite everything, he'll always be my brother.
Brad on the far left--I'm the blonde next to him.  1997 I believe.
He married an absolutely fantastic woman (Katie) last Fall.  So all those dreams of having a sister are finally here.  I'll miss them something terrible when they leave for grad school and then the Peace Corp.  But like I said, we're related for life, so no matter what, they'll always be there.  That's my favorite part about family.
Brad & Katie (P.S. I love this picture--and I actually took it!)

No comments: