Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 31: Parents.

I love my parents.  They're incredibly supportive and encouraging.  They let me move back in after college in order to save for a house, and they come over to help me with my over-ambitious projects when I call.  The times when Brad and Katie are down in Salem for the night and my family is together are some of my favorites.  I feel so fortunate to have such great parents.

My dad's name is Dan.  He was the manager of a finance company in Salem for over 25 years.  We've had some great times over the years, playing catch for softball, teaching me how to drive, watching March Madness basketball games and helping me work through my ever-growing list of projects.  I think I've always been the closest to my dad.  He's quiet and patient.  I've only seen him get really angry once.
My mom is Lorina.  She was a kindergarten teacher for almost a decade.  She's absolutely phenomenal with kids.  She has creativity flowing all the time.  She works on quilts and crocheting projects now that she's not melting down crayons for art project or creating something out of pipe cleaner.  She's also a fantastic cook.  Whenever I have a cooking-related question she's the first place I go.

No comments: