Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 1: Introduction, recent picture of yourself, 10 interesting facts

I feel silly introducing myself on a blog I've been writing for over six months, but what the heck.  I'm Megan, I'm 25 years old, a (sort of) recent graduate from the University of Oregon.  I work for a faith-based non-profit in Salem.  And last year was huge for me; I bought a house, got a full-time job with benefits, and rescued a dog.  **whew**  Is it time for a nap yet?

Even despite the fact that I have food in my mouth, I actually like this photo.  Bonus, it was taken less than a month ago.  I'm on the right (just in case you were seriously confused).

10 random things about me:

1. I'm really not a "wedding" person.  Didn't dream about it from the time I was 5.  Don't have everything picked out for it.  Someday I'll have one, but I won't be the one planning it.  That's for certain.  Sounds much too stressful and there are *too* many other ways I would rather spend that money.

2. My house is currently infested (okay, that might be a strong word) with ladybugs.  There are probably 20 errant bugs roaming my house as we speak.  Crawling on the ceiling, climbing up the curtains, laying on their backs immobile.  Spiders and ants I know how to deal with, ladybugs are a completely foreign house guest to me.

3. I just reupholstered a wingback chair in my house.  Saw a YouTube tutorial, got inspired, bought a chair off Craigslist, got cool fabric, and then spent a month's worth of weekends tearing the fabric off and then putting more on.  At some point I'll post about the process, for right now I'll just show an after picture.  Amazing, I know.  Ignore the terrible lighting, 2am makes me delusional.

4. I never attended a public elementary school, middle school, or high school.  In fact, my first "public" school was the University of Oregon.  If that even counts.

5. I've visited over 30 states, 5 countries, and lived in Mexico for 3 months.  I love Oregon most of all though.

6. I am frequently mistaken for a high-school student.  Ironic, since I now work with that age group.  For this very reason, I greatly dislike guessing anyone's age.  It's hardly ever a good idea.

7. I have my own handwriting font: Megeletto.  Seriously, what is cooler than that??

8. I love to read.  I've always loved to read.  I also love to write.  When I hear someone (specifically someone between the ages of 5-18) who "doesn't like to read", my heart sinks a little.  Reading was (and is) such a big part of my life I literally can't imagine my life without books.

9. I don't drink coffee.  Never liked the taste.  And I can taste even small traces of it, so telling me that "it doesn't even taste like coffee" is never true.  Fortunately about three months ago I realized that I do, in fact, like mint-flavored tea.  So now the awkward "so, want to grab a cup of coffee?" no longer leaves me without any drink options.

10. Color is my muse.  Bright, cheery colors almost instantly influence my mood positively.  I tend to wear a lot of bright, fun colors for that reason.  Yellow is my all-time favorite.

No comments: