Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 5: Something you’re afraid of.

Because I'm unable to list just one... 

1. Spiders:  I feel like this is a pretty generic fear, but whatever.  I made my dad and brother kill spiders (okay, still do) when they were around, but then in high school I found myself babysitting children who were also terrified of spiders and I got over my fear because I had to.  This does not mean that I don't fear the giant ones though.  **shudder**  Looking at these pictures seriously creeps me out.  Small ones I can kill.  Spiders-on-steroids, not so much. Thank goodness there are few in my house, and all of the small variety.
2. Getting hit by a train:  This is probably, by far, my most irrational fear.  At least I realize it, right?  Never a fear in the world about trains until Driver Ed class when I was 16 years old.  Red Asphalt XXV (or some other equally large number) forever changed my view of trains.  People who walk under the RR crossing arm because they don't want to wait make me really anxious.  I was convinced, one night in Seattle, that one of those crazies was going to actually get hit and justify my fear.  Thankfully that didn't happen... although it didn't phase my fear either.  Um, yeah.  No thank you.

No comments: