Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 6: Favorite quote.

I’m a sucker for quotes.  Quotes tend to speak to me in poignant ways (guess it was inevitable that I would join Twitter, I love concise thoughts.)  They roll around in my head until they become deeper though.  A provoking idea.  A new way to explain something.  I claim credit for none of these, although I hope that some of my thoughts, someday, will impact someone else as these quotes impact me.

So here are some of my favorites, collected over the last couple of years.

"You know your life has enough salt when people are thirsty for Jesus."  John Stumbo

“To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.”

“When God takes something from your grasp He's not punishing you, He’s merely opening your hands to receive something better. “

“The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.”

“Worship is losing my glory in His.”

"My worship, service, and devotion does not make Him God.  He IS God.  My worship, service and devotion makes me obedient... makes me His." 

"A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man must seek the Lord to find it." –From the book Captivating

Certain scriptures have the same effect on me, and since I’m including pictures in all my posts, here’s my favorite scripture.  I wrote it on an index card over four years ago, today it’s taped to my computer at work.  A daily reminder.

No comments: