Saturday, January 1, 2011

Resolutions.

Fascinating.

When life feels slightly overwhelming, my personal journal comes out.  I've always been a writer, probably always will be.  Words are how I process the world and complicated emotions. 

I've had this journal for over two years.  And as I face the last few pages of a book I've shared everything with, I've found opportunities to look back at the last two years and all that it held for me.

Certain themes run through it in waves.  Deep hurt litters more than a few pages.  And while it's fascinating to look back and see where I've been (and watch the path from then until now), it's sometimes hard to see the same issues repeated ad nauseam. 

Last January looks a lot like this January.  In the spirit of resolutions and personal progress, it's a little depressing. 

If I don't do something about those/these issues now, it seems I will be bound to repeat them yet again next year.  So in that same spirit of progress, I'm going to do something about them.  I refuse to be at this same point next year.  I'm officially done.

No comments: