Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 40: Favorite recipe.

Today is the last post of my 40-day blogging challenge.  I'm always nostalgic about things coming to an end, but also pretty excited to check something off my 30 before 30 list too.  No more "already-themed" posts. You, like me, are probably thrilled about that.

I'm not a cook, or a baker.  I can feed myself, but I frequently resort to heating up frozen food or throwing a chili combination into a crock pot.  There are just too many other things that seem to have a higher priority than cooking just for myself.

Although I am not a cook, I'm fantastic with recipes.  So, if tempted to cook something, all I need are directions.  Here are a few of the recipes I've tried (and loved).

-Cookie Dough Truffles:  It wouldn't be right to start this list off with something other than sugar, really.  As soon as I saw this recipe I knew I had to make these.  And they did not disappoint.  I tried to modify the recipe the first time because I didn't have sweetened condensed milk.  Big Mistake.  But, now I understand the difference between SCM and evaporated milk.  They're VERY different, by the way.  Recipe courtesy of Ingredients Inc.
Ingredients Inc.
-Sour Cream Enchiladas: I'm a big Mexican food fan.  Enchiladas are probably my favorite Mexican dish as well.  This recipe is really good and fairly easy.  Although, it doesn't reheat well and the recipe makes a TON.  So unless you're feeding an entire army, cut the recipe down quite a bit.  Recipe courtesy of Centsational Girl.
Centsational Girl
-Homemade Macaroni & Cheese:  I know this is a peculiar choice for the slightly-lactose intolerant girl, but I can't help myself.  (Plus, in case you were curious, Kraft cheeses are made without lactose, which makes life so much better!)  Fun lunches/dinners for days, which is one of my qualifications for a recipe worth making more than once.  And, it's a Paula Deen recipe.  So it tastes phenomenal.  Recipe courtesy of Food Network/Paula Deen.

-Cheesy Garlic Biscuits (a.k.a. Red Lobster cheesy biscuits): There is nothing easier to make than these--which is probably why I make them so frequently.  A little bisquik, milk, and cheese and then BOOM, you're done.  Love it.  Recipe courtesy of Cooks.com

No comments: