Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 39: Passions.

The transition following college was difficult for me.  I hated being asked what I was passionate about.  Mostly because I really had no idea--and no idea how to search said passions out.  Without passions I felt purposeless and lost.  Through an act of obedience I found myself working at my church.  Through the year I was there, several of my passions unfolded before me.  It was a beautiful year of growth and life.  Here are four of my biggest passions--the first three I discovered that year after college, the last one I discovered more recently.

-Salem Alliance: My church is my home.  I love the people, the community, the life, the love, the outreach, the passion, the Biblical foundation.  Being able to work there was one of the biggest blessings I've ever received.  Being able to see the inside of the church, the bones and muscles, during a difficult illness in the Senior Pastor was incredibly encouraging not only personally, but corporately as well. 

-Salem-Keizer:  Call me crazy, but this is my home.  I grew up here and I love it.  If God were to call me elsewhere, I'd go, but for this season I'm called to be here.  There is a serious lack of entertainment sometimes, but there are top-notch people who live here.  I choose to spend my time with those people.  I'm also passionate about serving the people here in Salem-Keizer.  This is my life, and I love it.

-Ministry:  I feel called to ministry.  I don't exactly know in what capacity that means, but God made that clear.  I feel most alive when serving.  Both within the body of Christ and outside of the walls of the church. 

-Youth:  Had you asked me about this passion a year ago I would have laughed.  It's funny when you allow God to lead you, where He will end up taking you.  I am beyond passionate about the girls in my d-group.  They are amazing women of God who I am privileged to lead during this season.  I also love the staff--the adult leaders are top-notch, completely worthwhile people.  Serving with them is a blessing in itself.

No comments: