Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Ready

My mind is a swirling mess of random to-do lists.  People to contact for address changes, things that need to be purchased right away, boxes I need to pack (and move), and rooms that need to be cleaned before the true unpacking can start.  Then I get to unpack and move in an entire home.  On the same weekend as kick-off for church and my 20 mile run.  Joy.

I’m overwhelmed and beyond excited.  New house, new furniture, new chapter.  Although my attention span is probably half of what it used to be because I can’t seem to concentrate on anything for too long before I start seeing lists and IKEA furniture in my mind.  I’m hopeless.

I’m literally days away from holding the house keys in my hot little hands.  I’ve already started packing boxes.  Who knew I had squirreled away so many things in that tiny space?! (this is just half of it)  The reality has set in, but in a great way.  I’m leaving something and I’m starting something new.  I don’t know what the future holds, but I’m ready to get this show on the road.

I tend to be a really patient person, but I'm starting to lose it.  My hopes go up with good news only to be dashed by no-news or extended expectations on the paperwork.  I'm anxious to move forward, sign the papers, and finally get my keys, but I'm at the mercy of the lender and their paperwork process.  I literally can do nothing.  Can't start my utility calls, can't inform insurance, can't buy appliances or furniture. I just have to sit here and continue waiting.

It all sounds so trivial in the grand scheme of things, but regardless, that's where I'm at right now.  Trying to focus on anything else during the wait and failing miserably.

No comments: