Saturday, September 11, 2010

From the overflow.

From the overflow I find myself.
An overwhelming sense of community surrounds me.
I'm home.
I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be.
And tonight I'm reveling in that fact.

I've been journeying through the dessert lately, learning some important lessons.  But I'm starting a new chapter now; I felt God saying that it's time to move forward.  I'm ready now and I'm excited for what I can see coming up in the near future.  Some new challenges for sure, but blessings as well.

I love this chorus.  It perfectly expresses how I feel right now. (Here in Your Presence)
"Here in Your presence, we are undone
Here in Your presence, Heaven and Earth become one
Here in Your presence, all things are new
Here in Your presence, everything bows before You."

I'll openly admit that I'm profoundly attached to Salem Alliance.  All I have to do is walk in the doors and I start to feel alive and growing.  I love the staff, the people, the culture, and the community.  I could literally hang out there forever, it's like I'm drawn there.  I'm immensely proud to call Salem Alliance my church home.  We've got "it" for sure.

God is doing some great work in Salem-Keizer, and to be able to see His handiwork and the results of His people serving those around them is truly amazing.  Despite staying up all night, working in the morning, packing in the afternoon, and some incredibly short cat naps in between, I was able to spend the evening at the Broadway Commons Grand Opening.  A celebration and building that I have been waiting for for a long time.  A co-mingling of church, commerce, and community.  A bridge to the neighborhood and a light for the lost and lonely.  A place to belong.  Broadway Commons is a beautiful extension of the Salem Alliance vision, and a new way to "show" faith.  I love it.  Plus, there are enough couches and seating areas for everyone.  I plan to test them all out soon with meaningful conversations.  

That building will be used and loved.  A welcome place for the weary and the wary.  A place I plan to visit often.  I seriously cannot wait.

No comments: