Thursday, December 30, 2010

Time

There is a beauty in waiting.  A patient kind of gift.  One I generally don't appreciate fully.

Time, to me, is invaluable.  I plan my day, my schedule, my errands.  I allot my time accordingly. 

My view of time is flawed though.  Limited in its scope.  All I can see is my immediate time table.  The rush I am in to get from A to B.  The things I must forgo in order to accomplish something else.

For whatever reason, I'm feeling compelled to appreciate a different kind of time.  A slower, less structured time.  God's timing. 

He requires me to wait on Him when I would rather forge ahead.  When I wait and rest in Him, beautiful things happen, but only in His timing. 

So tonight, I'm going to see the beauty in time, not my own, and rest and appreciate the beauty of waiting on God.

No comments: