Thursday, October 28, 2010

tears

I'm not afraid of crying.  In fact, a good sappy commercial can actually turn the waterworks on.  But in the midst of telling a story the other night, a story I've told numerous times without feeling anything, I was assaulted with tears.  The experience was bizarre, not because tears weren't appropriate, but because I couldn't tap into where they were coming from.  I don't just cry without reason.  They were foreign, and sudden, and seemingly out of context.  But they spoke to a deeper issue that I didn't realize was there, and still can't identify.  But I must identify.

There is always more work to be done, but the end to this might just be in sight.  Finally.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with sudden emotion that made no sense?

1 comment:

Lins said...

um i definitely cry on the way home from work at least one day a week for no definable reason. Well, there are many reasons, but the tears come unbidden by any one factor.