Monday, May 9, 2011

Today.

After almost eight years I have returned to a now unfamiliar place in life.

I've done everything solo for so long.  I'd accepted that fate.  Almost.

I bought a house.  And a dog.  I learned how to mow my lawn & fix things when they broke.

I made plans as I wished.  Based purely on my own schedule or wishes.  Or the dog's eating schedule.

I'm not even going to pretend I know how this works.  What should be discussed.  Or joint schedules.

In fact, the newness of the word "boyfriend" caught me completely off guard.  I accidentally used "friend" instead.  And then felt like a terrible person.

I feel a little disoriented.  Is there a guidebook for this??

I think I'm mostly afraid to mess it up.  A nervous fear assuaged only by the equally high level of excitement of "new" and "fun".

Guess I'll figure it out.  Like everyone else.

No comments: