Sunday, November 21, 2010

when strivings cease

In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm

What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand.

(In Christ Alone)

Today I'm living this part of the song.  I'm feeling immeasurable peace and the beginning of true rest.  I got the visual picture last night of my head on Jesus' shoulder.  What a calming thought.  Wrapped up in His arms, finding the rest that He offers the weary.

And as a result, I feel like I'm operating from the overflow today, as opposed to pulling out everything I have and then just running on empty.

I actually woke up this morning, and when I remembered that it's a shortened week due to Thanksgiving I almost cried.  Blessed rest.  Available and freely given.  Couldn't be happier.

No comments: