Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Wholeness

At the end of 2011 I read a blog post that challenged me.  A challenge that instead of creating resolutions (that I would likely only keep for a few weeks), that this year I choose a word.  Or more truthfully, allow God to show me the word that will encompass my journey for the next 365 days.

The idea immediately captured my heart, and I started scrambling to figure out what my word was. That's the "planner" in me.  Of course, nothing came to me when I wanted it to--isn't that always how it works?  But on New Years day, while I was sitting alone in a church service in Manhattan, I heard my word: Wholeness.


I let the word roll over my tongue and swirl around my head.  And then I metaphorically set that word on a shelf in my soul--to be looked at and tangibly present during struggles and triumphs this year.  And, strangely enough, I love the largeness of the word.  That I don't know all that it entails.  That I'm not entirely sure what the journey is going to look like.

This word is my journey for the next year.  My battle cry.  And I feel like it captures the desires of my heart well; to seek God more fully, to grow in grace and truth, to impart that truth to others, and to build lasting, solid friendships with those around me.

Here's to a year full of promises and lessons.  Joy and pain.  And growth and maturity.

1 comment:

ter@waaoms said...

what a great word for 2012! I have posted about my word of the year on my blog if you wish to read it. Have a great year! :)